Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 7, 2010

Only 1 week left...

... until I go back to work and Sam starts daycare. I'm ready to get back to work but not ready to leave my little Sammy! When we were in Colombia, Joey required a lot of extra attention so I sometimes felt like I wasn't able to devote as much time to Sam but now that we are home I feel like we've really had a chance to bond so I am thankful for the time we've had. He truly seems comfortable in his new surroundings and most importantly... with his new family. Here are some random facts about our little man...
  • He loves to eat and we have really not encountered anything he won't eat. If we are eating something, he expects us to share it with him... end of story.
  • He loves Bruizer but unfortunately the feeling is not mutual. The only time Bruizer will give him the time of day is when he is in his highchair throwing his food on the floor.
  • He's not fond of his carseat but will tolerate it as long as I play music and sing along.
  • His favorite snackfoods are Goldfish crackers and Cherry Gerber Puffs.
  • His favorite toys are balls, trucks and legos.
  • He likes country music.
  • He loves water... whether it's the bath or an ice cold baby pool.
  • His silliest time of day is right before bed.
  • He loves riding in the wagon as long as his big bro is sitting by him.
  • He thinks everything Joey does is hilarious.
  • He's not walking yet but will stand on his own and every time he stands on his own, he starts giggling.
  • He babbles alot and is now saying mama and dada (and knows what it means). He also recently learned his first sign... more.
  • He recently learned to give kisses... wet, sloppy ones.
  • Sometimes when he smiles, his whole face squishes together... hence his new nickname SQUISH!

I sometimes sit here and wonder what we ever did to deserve these amazing little boys!! We truly are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Renee,
    I connected to your blog through Gladney. We have a few things in common...not only are we adopting from Colombia as well for our second, but our first was from Guatemala! I have enjoyed scanning your blogs and got lots of insightful information. Thanks for documenting so much for famalies like myself just now going through it. Our dossier just got submitted to Cali.
    Lana McCann

    ReplyDelete