Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mystery Solved!

Sam's last dose of Albuterol was last Saturday and since then he's been back to his happy, smiley self which is such a huge relief!! With him starting daycare soon, I was getting really worried about the separation anxiety but I think all of our issues last week were completely the result of the medicine (which is kind of a scary thought). He still likes us to stay in his room for a few minutes after we put him in his crib but it's nothing like last week and he's been sleeping much better. He just seems like a happier baby all around. Today he would randomly throw his head back and start giggling for no apparent reason and everytime I would look at him, he'd give me this great big toothy grin. It was so sweet... that smile of his truly melts my heart!!

We meet with his pediatrician on Monday for a follow-up so we're working on a list of questions to ask regarding his treatment options. This whole asthma thing is very foreign to us so I've been trying to do as much research as I can before the appointment (you know, in all my spare time)... I'm also amazed at how many young children have asthma. It seems like every parent I've talked to either has a child with asthma or knows someone who has a child with asthma.

Otherwise, there's nothing new to report. Joey is still adjusting really well... he loves helping (sometimes too much) and I think he really likes having a playmate. I am amazed at how long the two of them will actually play together. It's a nice break for Josh and I to be able to sit back, relax and watch them play together and not feel like we need to always be the ones entertaining them. It's also pretty funny to watch Joey try to boss Sam around. Right now Sam obediently follows Joey's commands but I have a feeling that might change very soon... and then we will have other issues. The joys of boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment