Today we started off the day by going downtown to the Antioquia Museum and Botero Square with the other 2 families and Gloria. Botero is a famous artist from Colombia and his sculptures and artwork are very... intriguing. I was happily taking pictures of the various sculptures when my camera decided to stop working. Needless to say... I was not very happy. At least I was able to get a few photos before it stopped working and Kim has graciously offered to send me the photos she took so I will post some photos of the museum later...
Now... on to the good news... after we got back from downtown, Gloria called to tell us the judge has signed off and we are scheduled to be in court tomorrow morning to sign the final adoption decree. YAY!!! I was so happy that I forgot all about the camera incident!!! Now we are busy trying to figure out details of the next few days... tomorrow we go to court, then to get an updated birth certificate and then a passport (sounds like it will be a full day of running around). Then we need to purchase our tickets to Bogota. We're still not sure if we will leave for Bogota on Thursday or just wait until the weekend. We need 3 business days in Bogota to accomplish everything and I believe the Embassy is closed on Friday but am waiting for confirmation. Once we arrive in Bogota, we will take Sam to see the US Embassy doctor who will give us an affidavit saying he is healthy and up to date on all vaccinations. Then the next morning we will visit the ICBF office to pick up a document called the Article 23 and will also complete a survey about our adoption process. Then we will go to the Embassy to apply for Sam's visa. The visa will be ready the following day by 3:00 pm. So the earliest we will be home is probably next Wednesday.
Alyssa is growing up fast!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment