Today was a very special Mother's Day because I was able to spend it with both of my children and my amazing husband. We started our day by going to the Catholic mass at the hotel. We got there early to make sure we were able to get a seat and it's a good thing we did because it was packed... over 1,000 people were there! After that, we went to a special Mother's Day dinner at the hotel. They had a live band, tons of food and amazing desserts. Everything moves at a slower pace here so we ended up going to lunch at 12:30, eating around 2:00 and leaving at about 3:30. Thankfully the kids behaved (for the most part) and they were able to get in a nap once we got back to the room.
Now our bags are packed and we have said our goodbyes to Gloria, Blanca, Hernan and most of the hotel staff as well as our new friends Kim and Paul... whom we are
hoping to see again in Bogota. We are anxious to get home but at the same time are feeling a little sad to be leaving Medellin. Everyone here has been so great and we have felt very welcome in Colombia. I really hope we can come back to visit again someday.


The Mariachi Band

The weather has been amazing the last few days... warm, sunny and a slight breeze but today the views were the best I have seen since we arrived... I am
really going to miss this place!!
No comments:
Post a Comment