Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's a BOY!!!!!!

On Monday, March 1st we received the call we have been waiting for... a little boy at Casa de Maria in Medellin is waiting for us!!! His name is Samuel and he is 11 months old. We are hoping to travel in 6-8 weeks and after a 4 week stay in Colombia, we will be able to bring our little boy home. We are all so very excited to meet little Samuel.

For the past several months, I've had a feeling that we would hear something in March. Call it mother's intuition, I don't know. When I got to work Monday morning, I changed over my calendar to March and said a little prayer that we would get a call soon. Then when I was home at lunch, my phone rang. I didn't reach it in time but quickly noticed it was Beth, our case worker. I knew right away that she had a referral for us... my heart was racing, my hands were shaking and the tears were welling up in my eyes. I called her back and right away she asked if Josh was with me. He wasn't so she conferenced him in. Once she got him on the line, she said "CONGRATULATIONS... it's a boy!!!" It was such an amazing moment... words cannot describe. Then she emailed a photo along with the rest of the referral information and when I opened his picture and saw that big grin... my heart just melted and I knew I was in love! His given name is Samuel and right away both Josh and I agreed that we wanted to keep his given name. Once I looked up the meaning, I knew we had made the right decision. The Hebrew name Samuel means "ask of God" and he truly is a gift from God!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Samuel is beautiful. You must be overjoyed . Hopefully, we will hear something soon so we could be in Colombia at the same time:)
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete